Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Deloume Meeting

Hi Ladies!

(This post was emailed to everyone, but I thought I would post it here in case anybody was missed...)

Next Tuesday is our Deloume Road Book Club Meeting with Matthew Hooton!!! Hope you enjoyed the book.

I'd love to get a sense of how many will be in attendance next Tuesday and what you'll be bringing. I know it's not our usual style to plan the meal ahead of time, but if you could let the group know if you're bringing a salad, appie or dessert, then I can fill in any gaps. (Summer-fare...even better if we do it oven-less!)

I was thinking that I'd invite our club to come at 7:00, and I'll tell Matthew to arrive around 7:30. I'm guessing we'll probably spend less time mingling and get into the discussion after we've had a bite.

Please have a question in mind to fire at Matthew. He's expecting to read a little excerpt from the novel, then take questions from us. I know some gals were reluctant to have a prepared question and take turns asking them, but rest assured that it won't be like poetry night where the spotlight is on us, the spotlight is on Matthew! It'll just be good to have a launching point for discussion, but I'm sure it'll be very organic and relaxed!

Oh, one last thing. As luck would have it, I've been scheduled to have a minor eye (lid) surgery Tuesday afternoon, so if you see me wearing an eye patch, don't be alarmed. It isn't a pirate party. ( Be kind.)

This will be fun!
Karen
PS
I'm at 1838 Buena Vista Avenue in Comox
White house nearer to Church St. than Anderton
Come right around to the back yard when you arrive!

No comments:

Post a Comment